Regal Cigs - Regal Cig's Free E-Cigarette Trial Scam

I was researching E-Cigarett's as a way to quit smoking.

That being said, I found a website that was expounding the virtues of using E-Cigaretts as a safer alternative to smoking and a possible way to quit!

The same site (which I personaly believe to be owned and operated by Regal Cig's) offered the company as a "saviour" which would send you a starter pack of everything you needed for only $4.95 S&H.

After I ordered, I found link's on the internet that basically stated that once they had your credit card number, if you did not return the entire order (less one cartridge or something to that effect) they would bill your credit card $119.00 (+ or -) plus about $60.00 for refill's on a regular basis. Unless I called their customer (lack of) service department for a return authorization number for return info. The clock start's cliking from the moment of shippment not receipt. If you do not return in time, you get stuck for the $119.00. If you do, and you only get to try one cartridge, you still get stuck with a restocking charge

Within 30 minutes of ordering, I called them back to cancel my order. The were having nothing to do with that idea and told me that the order was already processed and ready for shipment (after business hour's on a Friday evening so they could have stopped it if they wanted to!).

Unfortunatly, being a trusting (stoopid) individual, I did not read the term's and conditions that basically stated that once they had my credit card number I was basically SOL.

I was also asked "did I really expect to get $119.00 worth of product for$4.95?"

I called my credit card company about 40 minutes after I told them to cancel the order, told them the sad tale, was told that the $4.95 from these vultures had already been charged to my account. The Credit card company dissalowed the charge and at my request cancelled the card so they could no longer have access to the account.

I emailed their customer support (LOL) department and informed them that I considered the order cancelled and that could ship only at their own risk!

Guess what? I got an robo response with the same phone number that I used to cancell the order! Also, when I called to cancell and was told to go to heck, I asked to speak with a supervisor, surprise, none was available and I was promise one would call me back. Guess what has not happend?

Stay away from these rip off artist

More Review Details

Helpful? 326 Yes 326 186 No 186
Had the same issue 81 Yes 81
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 22 #1010633

Well they almost got me ... but i was lucky that my bank monitors strange or unusal charges. so i told them to decline the purchase and closed out that debit card.... had to wait a few days for the new card but i was happy to do that!

TAF

Jul 06 #1004171

My daughter got sucked in to the Regal Cigs scam and they have wiped her checking account out several times. She doesn't know what to do next. She has called and emailed to cancel and they just ignore it.

Jun 21 #997742 Buckfield, Maine

this is *** youre own fault for not reading terms and conditions stop blaming everyone else whenyou to stoopid to know what you getting into

Jul 06 #1004172

Such language - You can't tell me you have never gotten sucked into an order you regretted and if you do, with your poor spelling and grammar, you are probably fibbing.

Apr 23 #975923

I HAD THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN. I HAVE DISPUTED THE CHARGE AND WANT TO PURSUE THIS COMPLAINT AGAINST REGAL. TALK ABOUT CROOKS!

Apr 23 #975914

The same thing happen to me. I thought I was getting a free trail for &4.95. They were very rude to me and Said i could not get my money back. The charge was $119.00. To bad they have to sell their product thru a scam

Feb 10 #943770 Mountain Top, Pennsylvania

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. 119.95 UT OF MY CHECKING ACCT. W/O AUTHORIZATION.

Greg

Feb 06 #941820 Colorado Springs, Colorado

***...I really, really wish I had come to this site before getting sucked in by MY reward of a "free starter kit...all I pay is shipping" for answering a survey from CenturyLink.
I usually pride myself for not falling for this kind of thing and I am very embarrassed that I did.
Please...people...if you EVER hear of the company, Regal eCigs...RUN!!

Jan 17 #932640 Houston, Texas

I was billed $117.00 the day after I received the first shipment. I called "customer service" to cancel and request a refund. I was told the agent could not access my account as he was having computer issues. I was told to call back and talk to another agent; my call was routed thru 4 different extensions, and then a "non-existent extension". These people should be arrested for fraud.

1 0 Reply

Jan 16 #932119

Regalecig is a rip off company !!!!

1 1 Reply
abx

Dec 05, 2014 #911281 Fort Worth, Texas

I just looked and they charged my bank acct. 3.96, 1.99 and two ICBA fees. I called up and talked to Charlie, ID#2040192, and he just kept going on doing the salesman pitch. Finally he let me talk to his supervisor, Ian, ID#4946. His number is so much shorter because he's been there for at least a couple years. He said he's going to put my money back into my acct. For one thing, you don't take more than you say you're going to. Everything they are doing seems illegal. I got these because my bank offered me a gift. What kind of gift do you have to return after paying for it? I'm writing this because I just talked to them 1/2 hour ago and they promised everything is cancelled. It's 12/05/2014 at 3.58AM. I can't believe they are still hustling at this hour.

Carleen

Nov 08, 2014 #897093

My daughter is going through the same with this company! I wish she had checked into the company before ordering! And the worse thing of all is she had/has problems with her lungs due to the use of this. Everyone one out there who is thinking of trying this product PLEASE don't. They are nothing but, a rip off!!! This company should be ASHAMED of themselves!!

randy allen

Oct 31, 2014 #893563 Monroe, Georgia

same thing $4.95 offer approved by me,they automatically withdrew $130,one hundred thirty dollars, outta my bank account.I shall ask for my money back,first,no result i shall sue whomever to get my money back.

3 0 Reply
Karen

Oct 28, 2014 #891776

I saw the ad also, nothing is free! If you scroll down to the bottom of their ad (which I did) you will see "disclosure". Once I read it it said everything that you just mentioned, so needless to say I X'd out of their site!

1 0 Reply

Sep 18, 2014 #872195 San Jose, California

I am so pissed off I ordered the 4.95 trial on the 29th of August and they say they shipped the product on Sept 2nd..I did not receive anything..and i was *** charged $119.95 .....thats how They rip people off ..how the *** do you start a trial when you order it all legal companies start trials after someone receives it and trys it wtf...I'm so pissed off...they want to refund half of the money and let you keep it.!wtf who the *** wants it after this........!!!!!!!!!!!

convertible joe

Aug 24, 2014 #861044 Brooklyn, New York

Fucken scammers...they bill you 119.00 right from the start....kiss my *** losers....I cancelled the charge.....stay away ....If u wanna stop smoking....Make good love..lol......Peace

2 0 Reply

Aug 10, 2014 #854374 Medford, Oregon

Thank you! Was just ready to send off my order - you saved me!

Jul 09, 2014 #838386

I agree Totally please , please read before signing up for this e-cig this is a TOTAL RIP-OFF . They should be ashamed of themselves but I am ashamed of myself for falling for such a rip-off .Horrible Customer Service was called told them to cancel & they sent the kit anyway charged $ 119 that I did not have especially since I am not employed. BEWARE they WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY !!!! I am so mad calling my bank in the morning to see if anything can be done this Company is a SCAM BEWARE !!!!!

2 0 Reply
Tita

Jun 26, 2014 #832350 Alliance, Ohio

By the way for all of you who don't know they are located in Escondido California.

Tita

Jun 26, 2014 #832346 Alliance, Ohio

It just recently happened to me. I called Walmart. my bank, and Better Business Bureau. The trick is to get you to pay for the shipping and handling to get your card number. Then they whack you two weeks later with the $119 charge. According to the bank, Regal must have known there is a loophole in the law. Since I used my card for the shipping and handling they actually didn't steal the card number from me so it is not considered a fraud.

0 1 Reply

1-20 of 185 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×

You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Regal Cigs. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Regal Cigs.
Filing a new complaint about