Howard, Ohio
4.8K views 185 comments

I was researching E-Cigarett's as a way to quit smoking.

That being said, I found a website that was expounding the virtues of using E-Cigaretts as a safer alternative to smoking and a possible way to quit!

The same site (which I personaly believe to be owned and operated by Regal Cig's) offered the company as a "saviour" which would send you a starter pack of everything you needed for only $4.95 S&H.

After I ordered, I found link's on the internet that basically stated that once they had your credit card number, if you did not return the entire order (less one cartridge or something to that effect) they would bill your credit card $119.00 (+ or -) plus about $60.00 for refill's on a regular basis. Unless I called their customer (lack of) service department for a return authorization number for return info. The clock start's cliking from the moment of shippment not receipt. If you do not return in time, you get stuck for the $119.00. If you do, and you only get to try one cartridge, you still get stuck with a restocking charge

Within 30 minutes of ordering, I called them back to cancel my order. The were having nothing to do with that idea and told me that the order was already processed and ready for shipment (after business hour's on a Friday evening so they could have stopped it if they wanted to!).

Unfortunatly, being a trusting (stoopid) individual, I did not read the term's and conditions that basically stated that once they had my credit card number I was basically SOL.

I was also asked "did I really expect to get $119.00 worth of product for$4.95?"

I called my credit card company about 40 minutes after I told them to cancel the order, told them the sad tale, was told that the $4.95 from these vultures had already been charged to my account. The Credit card company dissalowed the charge and at my request cancelled the card so they could no longer have access to the account.

I emailed their customer support (LOL) department and informed them that I considered the order cancelled and that could ship only at their own risk!

Guess what? I got an robo response with the same phone number that I used to cancell the order! Also, when I called to cancell and was told to go to heck, I asked to speak with a supervisor, surprise, none was available and I was promise one would call me back. Guess what has not happend?

Stay away from these rip off artist

Review about: E-Cigarette Starter Pack.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $119
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Regal Cigs?

Comments

Well they almost got me ...but i was lucky that my bank monitors strange or unusal charges.

so i told them to decline the purchase and closed out that debit card....

had to wait a few days for the new card but i was happy to do that!

TAF

My daughter got sucked in to the Regal Cigs scam and they have wiped her checking account out several times. She doesn't know what to do next. She has called and emailed to cancel and they just ignore it.

Buckfield, Maine, United States #997742

this is *** youre own fault for not reading terms and conditions stop blaming everyone else whenyou to stoopid to know what you getting into

to Anonymous #1004172

Such language - You can't tell me you have never gotten sucked into an order you regretted and if you do, with your poor spelling and grammar, you are probably fibbing.

I HAD THE SAME EXACT THING HAPPEN. I HAVE DISPUTED THE CHARGE AND WANT TO PURSUE THIS COMPLAINT AGAINST REGAL. TALK ABOUT CROOKS!

The same thing happen to me.I thought I was getting a free trail for &4.95.

They were very rude to me and Said i could not get my money back.

The charge was $119.00.To bad they have to sell their product thru a scam

Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, United States #943770

I HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. 119.95 UT OF MY CHECKING ACCT. W/O AUTHORIZATION.

Greg
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States #941820

***...I really, really wish I had come to this site before getting sucked in by MY reward of a "free starter kit...all I pay is shipping" for answering a survey from CenturyLink.

I usually pride myself for not falling for this kind of thing and I am very embarrassed that I did.

Please...people...if you EVER hear of the company, Regal eCigs...RUN!!

Houston, Texas, United States #932640

I was billed $117.00 the day after I received the first shipment.I called "customer service" to cancel and request a refund.

I was told the agent could not access my account as he was having computer issues.

I was told to call back and talk to another agent; my call was routed thru 4 different extensions, and then a "non-existent extension".These people should be arrested for fraud.

Regalecig is a rip off company !!!!